Enough

Over the years I have watched so many beautiful women muddle though life and operate in the lie that they are not enough. I know I have spent years believing that lie and as a result I fell into a game of competing and comparing. In honesty, it was mostly comparing myself to others and then telling myself that I will never be able to.... (fill in the blank)
I would hold up anything as a sham to project that I'm successful. I believed that I had to DO to BE. In fact, we don't have to do anything we just are. We are in existence. There is this amazing dichotomy of good and bad, kind and selfish, light and dark, strength and insecurity, knowledge and ignorance.... So many times we hide the less desirable aspects of our life to project who we are to others. However, it is the balance of success and failure, and the vulnerability that accompanies it that helps us identify with others.
In short, we should only strive to be us. We are to be linking hand in hand with our sisters and the strength that comes in community. We should cast off the isolation of comparison and celebrate our strengths.
When we focus on who we are to become: our passions, interests, and desires, then we can operate in our strength. If we are bound in our own insecurity we are robbing our sisters from learning from our story.

So own your story and celebrate the possibilities,
Suzie

Comments