Dear Friends

Christmas is over and with it brings the hope of a new year and all of its possibilities. I usually make a point of not creating lists of resolutions that will only be tossed out the window before the month is over. I pride myself in my realistic honesty. This year is different. At the beginning of November I made a change in my lifestyle and started a health journey. I've been interested in health for awhile. I knew what I should be doing, however, head knowledge and following through on that knowledge is a very different thing. I found a support network, followed a plan, and did the deeper work of examining why I was in poor health to being with. This last step is key, willpower can fail at times; it is essential that I understand why I have struggled with my health all these years.


I have a ways to go on my journey. I have lost thirty eight pounds and have more to lose. However, the process of setting goals and checking off those mile markers makes me hopeful. I can't begin to explain how it feels to begin to believe in yourself and your ability to accomplish goals. So this year I am making a list because I have learned in my journey so far that it is not what I have to lose but all that I have to gain. My list is not comprised of a number on a scale but rather being fully present and engaged in my life.
I wish you the hope of new possibilities and the faith to believe in their reality.


Love,
Suzie

Comments